MBA programme at IICMR is a carefully-crafted, Two year - full-time programme spread over four semesters. Today’s business era demands the students to have global and entrepreneurial outlook. Thus MBA course at IICMR is designed to provide you career-oriented and industry relevant education in Management. In line with the current trends and diverse portfolio, the MBA Course offers eighteen specializations which are recommended by S.P. Pune University.
Apart from a regular curriculum, the college also offers varied Talent Development Programmes for the enhancement of student’s analytical abilities and presentation skills - to make them corporate ready.
MBA Course at IICMR focuses on
- - One to One Counselling and Mentoring for Career Excellence
- - Creating a platform for Student Development
- - Participative and Innovative Learning through various activities
- - Industry and Field Visits for corporate exposure
- - Online Learning in Computer Lab
- - Value Added Certification
While studying at IICMR, students Learning Journey would include
- - E2E Student development (Explore to Excel)
- - Seminars & Workshops
- - Specialization guidance and orientation
- - Inter-Institute Project Competition- UDAAN
- - Business Process Excellence Program for business understanding
- - Sports & cultural activities for extra-curricular development
To ensure the knowledge imparted to students is being absorbed to its highest level we have,
- - Modern classrooms with LCD projector
- - E-learning with 24X7 Wi-Fi facility
- - Vibrant and friendly atmosphere
- - Comfortable environment with hostel facilities
- - Digital learning technology and digital library
- - Activity-based GD room
Considering today's demand of being technically proficient, the Value Added Certification offered are in following domain
- - Business English
- - Advanced Excel
- - Tally
- - Digital Marketing
- - Banking & portfolio management
- - HR Process
- - Quality Tool
- - Six Sigma
MBA Course at IICMR is an intensive programme that immerses students into the principles of strategic thinking in a business context and helps in accelerating their thinking, career, and potential.
MBA from Savitribai Phule Pune University
Pune is the main educational center of Maharashtra. Students in large number from every corner of India and the world come to Pune. Savitribai Phule Pune University is one of the premier universities in India and is known as “Oxford of the East”. It is positioned in the North-western part of Pune city. It is spread in an area of about 411 acres. It was established on 10th February 1949 under the Poona University Act. The university has 46 academic departments and has about 307 recognized research institutes and 612 affiliated colleges offering graduate and undergraduate courses.
MBA Programme at IICMR is affiliated with S.P. Pune University.
It follows the course recommended by S.P. Pune University which is designed after a lot of research. The objectives of MBA course outline are:
- - To develop competent young men and women with necessary knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes who will occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry, public system and the government.
- - To impart to the students extensive theoretical; practical and latest relevant knowledge from the field of management.
- - To create opportunities for students to inculcate necessary managerial skills required for an increasingly international business environment.
- - To impart/ develop the right kind of values and attitude to function effectively in managerial/ administrative positions
- - Enhances the student's analytical abilities.
- - To provide a broad-based knowledge of core managerial skills to enhance the student’s analytical abilities.
The initial one year of an MBA Course is focused towards completion of the core courses. The reason behind such a design is to build a strong foundation of the basic concepts across the various management subjects. As per S.P. Pune University recommendations, we offer eighteen specializations.
The top 5 specializations chosen by most of the students are as follows:
MBA in Marketing
Students opting for MBA in Marketing will get insights into sales, marketing, market research and analysis, competitive analysis, market strategies, product management, consumer behavior, customer analysis, business ethics, brand management, advertising, digital marketing, and e-commerce etc.
MBA in Services Management
Student’s pursuing MBA in Services Management will learn about Information Technology, Quantitative Management, Operation Management, Factors of Service Marketing, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Industrial Relations etc.
MBA in Human Resources Management
The Human Resource Management is a foundation of any progressive organization. It is a process of managing people in an organization in such a way that employment relationship is fulfilling for both the management and employees.
MBA in Finance
Students specializing in Finance will cover Financial Accounting, Accounting concepts, Double Entry Accounting, Secondary Books, Trial Balance, Final Accounts, Management Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Understanding Cost, Marginal Costing and Break Even Analysis, Budgetary Control etc.
MBA in Operation Management
Operations management adds to the repertoire of a Graduate the ability to Plan, Analyse & Supervise the ecosystem of producing goods or providing services. Course content is hinged on the aspects of how to improve efficiency in managing inputs to get the desired output. In today’s world, the gamut of inputs is vast, ranging from materials to equipment to technology to human resources. An MBA specialized in Operations can have promising careers in sectors such as Supply chain Management, Manufacturing, Services etc.
6. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (IB)
7. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (SCM)
8. RUAL & AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT (RABM)
9. FAMILY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (FBM)
10. TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT (TM)
11. BANKING AND INSURANCE MANAGEMENT (BIM)
12. HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT (HM)
13. ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT (ED)
14. SERVICES MANAGEMENT (SM)
15. RETAIL MANAGEMENT (RM)
16. DIGITAL MEDIAL & COMMUNICATION MARKETING (MC)
17. TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (THM)
18. DEFENCE MANAGEMENT (DM)
MBA Admission Process
Eligibility for Admission:
Students possessing following qualifications are eligible for admission to MBA course (a)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any faculty of any statutory University with 45% or more marks(40% or more marks for students belonging to SC, ST/DT, NT, OBC, SBC for Maharashtra State Only),
- A Master’s Degree in any faculty of any statutory University with 45% or more marks(40% or more marks for students belonging to SC, ST/DT, NT,OBC, SBC for Maharashtra State Only), (b) Must have completed selection procedure as prescribed by the competent authority from time to time.
A) Entrance Exam Score:
As per Pune University guidelines, Students need to appear for either MHCET 2018 or ATMA 2018 to be eligible to apply for the two-year full-time MBA program. IICMR accepts any of the entrance scorecards.
B) GD & PI:
Students who fulfill the above two criteria will be shortlisted and will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. For Group Discussion, students will be asked to present their view in a group, on the topic given. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview.
Download Application Forms and Brochure
Interested candidates can download the application form from above link or can visit the campus and fill it. The forms need to be submitted either by post or in person with a demand draft of Rs. 1000 only. Demand draft should be in the name of IICMR, Pune.
Postal Address : HS-2, Sector 27A, Behind Sant Tukaram Garden, Pradhikaran, Nigdi, Pune, Maharashtra, 411044
101 - Accounting for Business Decisions
102 - Economic Analysis for Business Decisions
103 - Legal Aspects of Business
104 - Business Research Methods
105 - Organizational Behaviour
106 - Basics of Marketing
201 - Marketing Management
202 - Financial Management
203 - Human Resource Management
204 - Decision Science
205 - Operations & Supply Chain Management
206 - Management Information Systems
Students after completion of the first year will be assisted in getting a summer internship. The internship will be spread over eight weeks, where students will get an opportunity to put into practice the key concepts they have learned. It will also give a feel for how an organization works.
301. Strategic management
302. Enterprise performance management
303. Startup and New venture management
304. Summer Internship Project
305. Specialization subject – Core Course I
306.Specialization subject – Core Course II
401. Managing for sustainability
403. Specialization subject – Core Course I
404.Specialization subject – Core Course II
MBA Placement process starts at the mid of third semester and goes on till the completion of the second year. Students training and grooming for MBA placement start the minute they step into the college. MBA Placement is an on-going, round-the-year process at IICMR.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Wide-ranging activities for students to enhance their presentation and interpersonal skills; to instill analytical thinking, and develop their overall personality.
VALUE ADDED CERTIFICATION
A set of varied Business Certifications are offered to students to acquire current business skills.
CAREER EXCELLENCE PROGRAMS
Multi-dimensional career inputs are given to students to help them choose the right track for their career.
PRACTICAL & INDUSTRY EXPOSURE
One to one interaction with Industry stalwarts, field visits, seminars and much more to give a real idea of how different functions in an organization work.
For Admissions, kindly contact us through:
Phone: 80072 38181/ 90110 42367/ 99224 47809